Walk and read - Archive II

  • Saturday, July 02, 2011


I usually read sitting down. Or lying down. You probably do too. But consider this:

The average reader can read about 240 words per minute.
A 300 page book normally takes 9 hours to read, non-stop.
I you read while you walk, you can read a book in about 43 kilometers.
If you read and walk, watch out for traffic.

The last line made me laugh. Well, I would get tired too after that 43 km and good thing the shelf is good for lounging too.

This amazing concept by David Garcia, is entitled Archive II, "a circular library for the nomad book collector, allowing the user to step inside, and walk away with half a ton of books."

{Via, Original post: Via}

2 comments

  1. I must say, I do read while walking when I can't put a book down. Not out on the street, but at home, the office, or the mall, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you read and walk, watch out for traffic." The plus with this one is that you can pull out another book when you're done with one hahahahaha ....

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall