Friday 56 & Book Beginnings: In Leah's Wake


Justine strikes a pose before the full-length mirror on her closet door. Chin up, hands at her sides. She draws a breath. "My dear..." she begins, and stops mid-sentence. Wrinkles her nose. She's got it all wrong.
- p. 1, In Leah's Wake by Terri Giuliano Long

Leah felt as if she had fallen into a rabbit hole in the frenzy of motion and color and sound.
- p. 56, In Leah's Wake by Terri Giuliano Long

This just came in the mail for me. Another painful read, methinks. Woooh! The reading list is getting long again! Though I must say that I do a little happy dance when I get a book in the mail. No complaints here!

17 comments

  1. Great 56! I love the vividness too...makes you want to capture it in an artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippets! I've been wanting to read this one...enjoy!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! :) i just got this so it may take a while to post a review. hoping to hear what you think when you get the chance to read ...

      Delete
  3. I meant to have this book read, In Leah's Wake. like the 56 snippet.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this one, but the beginning makes me want to read on. I'll have to find out more about it. My 56:
    http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/friday-56-two-from-orkney-april-13/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's pretty new, william. i got an email requesting a review and it looked intriguing based on the synopsis!

      Delete
  5. Sweet! Book looks interesting. Love the quotes. Here's my Friday 56!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the visit! it's nice to see a new face! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I also do a happy dance when books come in the mail!

    Friday 56 @ Megan Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting Snippets! Sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Leah's Wake was written as a story about a family dealing with the repercussions of the actions of 16-year-old Leah Tyler. However, what really unfolds is a story of the strength and fragility of family. Leah excels in every aspect of her life, especially soccer, for which she is the top pick for college recruitment. From the outside she seems to have it made: great grades, great future, great family. We quickly see that, like most families, there are scratches beneath the perfect surface.

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall