Friday 56 & Book Beginnings: The Weeping Empress

The Weeping Empress by Sadie S. Forsythe
Book Depository | Amazon - paperback | Amazon - Kindle


For Book Beginnings:
Chiyo opened her eyes and looked up at the crisp blue sky. There was a fluttering in front of it as the leaves of the sparsely foliaged tree waved lazily. The wispy tendril of cirrus cloud floated into the periphery of her vision and the disappeared and was forgotten. It was beautiful, the type of view that children cherish and adults forget.
- p. 1

For Friday 56:
"This is something I've wanted to discuss with you. You need to know what you're part of--no, I suppose you need to know that you're part of something, something dark and scrofulous. [..]
- p. 56 
 
Synopsis:
Chiyo Alglaeca was happy in her life. That is, until it was all taken away. Forced into notoriety, stalked by a mysterious cult, hunted by the emperor, and facing betrayal at every turn she clings to the only safety she can find: two enigmatic men and the sharp bringer of death, Salvation. The Weeping Empress explores the devastating effects of loss, the hunt for redemption, and the price of destiny. It questions the true meaning of evil and asks what monster is not also an innocent?

What are you reading? I'd love to take a peek!

4 comments

  1. Ooh this sounds good. And the title is absolutely amazing! I might put this one on my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing and I mentioned you in my answer to this week's Follow Friday qst! :)
    My FF
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This one sounds really good...thanks for sharing; and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very descriptive, I love the sound of this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall