It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is now my third Monday meme. Why do I do this to myself? :) I am thinking of rolling this up with Mailbox Monday next time I join in, hopefully to keep me on track. 

Our host, Sheila of Book Journey, says: "This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!" Let's see shall we?
Abandoning?
  • I'm still not done with The Curiosity of School by Zander Sherman. I have just the last few chapters to go and I'm still procrastinating. And I was on such a roll with this in the beginning. 
 

I just finished these books:
  • I LOVED Eight Girls Taking Pictures by Whitney Otto. Amazing. Another favourite for the year. Eight women photographers, and a common thread to hold these stories altogether. Bold, romantic, tender. I loved everything about it. Wait for my full review!
  • I really enjoyed I'll Seize the Day Tomorrow by Jonathan Goldstein. It's such a fun read! Snickering to yourself is good.
I'm reading, err, taking the quizzes in Keeping Score by Marc Brackett, which is touted as "the relationship book even a man can understand." The quizzes are fun and funny! Check out Marc's guest post "Taking the Long View" which tells us how he came to write this book - a really touching read!


I'm going to get going on these two this week:
  • I signed up to review Black Boogiemen by Tallis Piaget which is an insight look at black America. I hosted his guest post entitled "My Kim Kardashian Epiphany" which you have got to check out! 
  • I won Colin Fischer by Ashley Edward Miller & Zack Stentz on Goodreads First Reads and look forward to how it is written from the viewpoint of one who has autism. 


Finally, I have to admit I got distracted from reading because I just got my IKEA catalogue. I really need a bookshelf, you see. Or so I say!




2 comments

  1. I study the Ikea catalog with a fine toothed comb. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah a kindred spirit! i just started - so only two folded pages at the moment :)

      Delete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall