What a strange week. Aside from the two feet of snow, I've actually gotten some reading done. As for posting reviews, that's another story! I really need to get caught up here.
So here's the past week:
I Reviewed: I'll Seize the Day Tomorrow by Jonathan Goldstein. Recommended! Really funny!
I Read: I finished two books ... potentially very controversial. Both authors tackle religion and race, two things that most people would steer clear of in everyday conversation.
- American Dervish by Ayad Akhtar which looks into a young man's take on Muslim America. I really enjoyed how this one because of how it presents the complexities and paradoxes.
- Black Boogiemen by Tallis Piaget which tackled Black America. Honestly, it scared me!
I'm Currently Reading:
- Keeping Score by Marc Brackett. I'm actually done but since this is a quiz book about relationships, it isn't exactly a straight read. This has me laughing throughout ...
- Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks. I will feature this on Friday. I've read chapter one, which is one page long. Pat me on the back :) Actually I am really excited to start this!
Nothing new in the mail, which is fine. I have more than enough reading material on my hands!
Other Bookish Stuff:
- Check out 5 Movember bookmarks on this week's #BookmarkMonday!
- Love Harry Potter? Love nail art -- then this post is for you!
- It's almost Winter Wonder Week! You can still sign up.
- Another interesting book by Theodore Weesner.
- Test your literary prowess with this really cute tshirt!
- Some amazing Where the Wild Things tattoos.
- And free printable vintage children's bookplates. Cool stuff.
Have a wonderful week ahead!