Species of Book Reader we are. This week it's about Kids and Books!
October 18 – Kids and Books. What were your favorite books as a kid? Do you still read children’s books? If you would give a book to your younger self, what would it be?
What were your favorite books as a kid?
If you come by my blog before, you'll know that:
- I'm a huge fan of Eric Carle (picture books for very young kids)
- I've read tons of Enid Blyton
- I have a thing for interactive books, like the Ology Series
- I adore Neil Gaiman
- I like mysteries
Looking back, as a child, I think I was a pretty eclectic reader already:
- Really enjoyed Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Read tons of Enid Blyton (did I say that already?)
- Really, really wanted more pop-up books but ended up looking in bookstores
- Did not have anyone like Neil Gaiman to read (yes, I'm old)
- Read Nancy Drew compulsively (yes, I got hooked on mysteries early)
So favourites-wise, please don't ask :)
Of course! And I even review them here on my blog!
If you would give a book to your younger self, what would it be?
Hmmm, who comes up with these hard questions? I couldn't give just one book; I'd give them the keys to the library!
Don't forget! Check out the Filipino Friday meme questions and join in! You can connect with other Filipino Book Bloggers. If you're not Filipino, no matter, you can join in too. You can be an honorary Filipino :)
If you're based in the Philippines, be sure to pop in at Ateneo de Manila University on November 9 and hobnob with fellow bibliophiles in this years's Filipino Reader Conference.