Three Oscar-nominated movies based on books (2014)



Twelve Years a Slave. I haven't yet watched this, it is based on Solomon Northup's book of the same name. I will though, though I know this is going to be a tough movie ... it looks like a very worthwhile watch and read. I also love the idea that Brad Pitt put his name behind this. 

Check out the 
BOOK.




The Wolf on Wall Street. I admit that this was a little too much for me visually and it's quite disturbing how crazed some characters are. All true, or so Jordan Belfort says. But maybe Leo will finally come home with a Oscar for his performance in this!

The Wolf on Wall Street is based on Jordan Belfort's Catching the Wolf of Wall Street: More Incredible True Stories of Fortunes, Schemes, Parties, and Prison.






Captain Phillips. Based on Richard Phillips memoir A Captain's Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs, and Dangerous Days at Sea, Tom Hanks can do no wrong in my books. Another one I have not watched but look forward to!

Check out the BOOK.

No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall