Around the World in Books 2015

I can hear it already, the tsk tsking in the back of my mind; another challenge just when you're supposed to be taking it slowly this year? I figure,  I've already been making a point to read books set in different countries as well as get more non-US/Canada authors into my reading. And I already joined in Mom's Small Victories Travel the World in Books Challenge, which I might add is a perpetual challenge (read: forever and ever, amen). 

So it should be much of a stretch to join in a similar challenge. Besides anything I read for this counts for my Travel the World in Books Challenge ... and my Book Map could use some 2015 entries too!

Right? Around the World in 12 Books is hosted by Shannon at Giraffe Days

Being the eternal optimist and definitely not going half-measures, I decided to try for:


Level 4: The Seasoned Traveller The Seasoned Traveller doesn’t do anything by half-measures: they go the whole hog and the more obscure the better!

  • Read 12 books over the course of the year, each set in a DIFFERENT country – Books selected should include ones set in Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia+New Zealand, North America and South America. The Middle East should be considered too
  • You do not need to plan ahead but it might help you keep on track
  • No re-reads (ok, I may cheat here... there are a lot of books that remain unreviewed in my list)
  • Any genre is okay (including non-fiction) BUT books MUST be set in a specific country or region with a noticeable attention to the location or environment; some genre books won’t be much use for this challenge.


Interested in joining in? It'll be fun .. who doesn't like to travel? Especially if you can do it in bed :)

1 comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall