Friday 56 & #BookBeginnings: The Full Ridiculous

Halfway through a ten-kilometer run, you have yet another premonition that you're hit by a car while jogging so you decide to outwit the fates by changing course, heading down Hastings Road instead of up it.
- p. 1

For Friday 56:  
He slams on the breaks but it's too late. 
- p. 56

About The Full Ridiculous by Mark Lamprell: A funny, compelling novel about love, family, and the precarious business of being a man. Michael O’Dell is hit by a car. When he doesn’t die, he is surprised and pleased. But he can’t seem to move from the crash position. In fact, the accident is just the first in a series of family crises: His wife Wendy is heroically supportive, but when his daughter Rosie punches out a vindictive schoolmate, all hell breaks loose. His son Declan is found with a stash of illicit drugs. A strange policeman starts harassing the family and ordinary mishaps take on a sinister desperation. To top it all off, Michael’s professional life starts to crumble. Mark Lamprell’s extraordinary debut examines the terrible truth: sometimes you can’t pull yourself together until you’ve completely fallen apart.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

Email subscription

Get the latest posts sent directly to your inbox! ... and the occasional email when there's something really awesome to share!



8 comments

  1. I absolutely love the sound of this book! It sounds hilarious and yet I suspect it will be surprisingly insightful at times when you least suspect it! I wonder how I would respond if I got a premonition like this but I never go jogging so it'll probably never happen ;)
    Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the excerpts on this one! I've had similar premonitions though obviously they've never come true. I'll have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great - I'm adding it to my tbr. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my 56.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like one of those books that makes you laugh while you're also feeling empathy for the characters. Sounds like a great story.
    My Friday post features ROSE’S GIFT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever since a car accident I try to stick to the same route when going somewhere familiar. The day it happened I took a different way home and my car got totaled. I didn't get hurt but I loved my Passport and still miss it years later.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/06/the-friday-56-51-the-promise/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderfully fun looking cover. I can only think the inside will be too. Have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds inane enough to be fun! :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo...that sounds like a good beginning.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall