#Friday56 & #BookBeginnings: Pride and Prejudice


It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
- p. 3

For Friday 56:
"I hope, my dear," said Mr. Bennet to his wife, as they were at breakfast the next morning, "that you have ordered a good dinner to-day, because i have reason to expect an addition to our family."
- p. 56

About Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." So begins Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen's witty comedy of manners--one of the most popular novels of all time--that features splendidly civilized sparring between the proud Mr. Darcy and the prejudiced Elizabeth Bennet as they play out their spirited courtship in a series of eighteenth-century drawing-room intrigues

***

I've completely changed my mind about Pride and Prejudice. I didn't enjoy it the first time I read it (years and years ago) but now, I am ready to reread it! I admit that the movie changed my mind. Don't judge me :)

Now, tell me that the cover of this is amazing. I bought a copy at the thrift store and it's got some pretty nice looking illustrations ... so pics to come when I do the review!

Have a great Friday and weekend to come!

Image from here.

No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall