For those who have email subscriptions or email newsletters, I need your two (or more) cents. Here's my little conundrum: I have a hard time growing my email list.
As a sidenote, I personally have trimmed down my own email subscriptions because of the sheer volume of emails that make it into my email box. So I definitely know what it's like to be on the receiving end of email lists!
I'm contemplating a few things and I'm wondering if I should take the leap, since setting everything up takes so much time!
Here's where I'm at:
- I have an RSS-driven Email subscription, in other words, when a new post goes up, an email automatically goes out.
- I use MailChimp.
- It's integrated on my blog in the right sidebar, at the end of the post, and as a pop-up (which I turn off sometimes to be less annoying!)
Give me some advice on my "big" questions about my email subscription option:
- What do you personally prefer - a daily email or a weekly email?
- Should I just do away with the RSS subscription and focus on putting together a weekly newsletter picking out only the best of my best content? I know this is going to be a lot more work, but hey, I'd prefer to be read rather than be lazy.
- What makes you stay subscribed on someone's email list? Do regular freebies, giveaways, promo codes appeal to you? What other type of content makes you stay?
- Any tips, suggestions or good reads related to email subscriptions? The more I read, the better!
I'd love to hear from you so I can start ship-shaping up my email subscription changes. Thanks in advance :)
Ask for help, or dispense some advice.
JOIN IN HERE!
JOIN IN HERE!