Here are the lovely little babies who now call my place home. I left (or gave away) quite a lot of my books back in the Philippines, so rebuilding my collection here is becoming a minor obsession of mine. I hope I don't get carried away though.
All are nice old books, some dating back in the 50s! Maybe they're collector's items too! Thanks for the kind souls who set them "free!" Some of my finds were:
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson - this is a groundbreaking book which launched the environmental movement!
- Old, old editions of the The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Two Towers (book 2) and The Return of the King (book 3) - I'm missing only book 1 now!
- Cosmos by Carl Sagan - I am a firm believer everyone should have this book!
- The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood - yay!
- Over to You: Ten Stories of Flyers and Flying by Road Dahl - can't go wrong with Road Dahl!
- Some good old classics and mythology including Oliver Twist, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Lawrence Of Arabia, The Odyssey, Iliad and Aenid
Are you drooling yet? There's another giveaway in September and you can be sure I'll be out there curb hopping again!