2011 Oscar Winners - based on books!

Yes, I watched the Oscars. Did you? Have you read or watched any of the movies about or based on books? Check out my list below. Did I miss anything?

I was secretly rooting for The Fantastic Flying books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. They password protected the previous video they had up, and I can't resisting reposting a new YouTube link because you MUST WATCH IT!





And Hugo, which is based on Brian Selznick's amazing book The Invention of Hugo Cabret got a slew of awards, and rightly so! I adored the book and I adore the movie. I wish someone, anyone had at least said thank you to the author during all that award-giving!




While I like George Clooney, I wasn't too sure about The Descendants. It looks like something I would enjoy both as a movie and as a book - it reminds me of Jodi Picoult's writing with her moral-ethical dilemma. Plus I need a feel-good movie!




I've heard many great reviews about The Help. The movie looks like there's some amazing acting! I guess I am putting this on my TBR and TBW (to-be-watched) lists!

1 comment

  1. KEEPING FAITH was one of the best books I have read in a long time. It is a real pager turner. Picoult did a great job.

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall