Valentines Book Tour: Morning Star by Nick Bantock


This is my first foray into putting up a video that I actually filmed, so please be nice! :) I simply wanted to show you the beauty of this unique graphic novel and photos just didn't seem to cut it. I haven't read Morning Star yet, so this is just a sneek peak, not a review.

This book was given to me by a good friend who saw that I was totally enamoured with Nick Bantock's work. She had read my review on The Venetian's Wife and had chatted some, and it turned out she had two copies of Morning Star! So thank you, dear Valerie.

Oh, and how apt! This is a love story ... so Happy Hearts Day to you!

Check out the video after the jump!




I probably won't be reading this anytime soon, as I have only read Griffin & Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence, which I sadly left back in the Philippines. This is the first book of The Griffin & Sabine Trilogy (books include Griffin & Sabine, Sabine's Notebook and The Golden Mean).

If you have no idea what this series is about, it is a beautiful love story told in real, tangible letters:
Griffin: It's good to get in touch with you at last. Could I have one of your fish postcards? I think you were right -- the wine glass has more impact than the cup. --Sabine 

But Griffin had never met a woman named Sabine. How did she know him? How did she know his artwork? Who is she? Thus begins the strange and intriguing correspondence of Griffin and Sabine. And since each letter must be pulled from its own envelope, the reader has the delightful, forbidden sensation of reading someone else's mail.

Griffin & Sabine is like no other illustrated novel: appealing to the poet and artist in everyone and sure to inspire a renaissance in the fine art of letter-writing, it tells an extraordinary story in an extraordinary way.


Morning Star is actually the third book in the second trilogy, The Morning Star Trilogy (books are: The Gryphon, Alexandria, and The Morning Star). Yes, I know it's complicated - I'm missing the four books in between! 
 
But just having the book in my hands is enough to make me happy ... and I have something to look forward to. This is one set of books where borrowing from the library will simply not make me happy :)

Happy Hearts Day! And here's to love stories!
 
{all snapshots taken by moi}

No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall