#TTWIBRAT: Childhood faves from Australia & Lists of European reads!


Playing catch up on my posts for the Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge! I wanted to post on books for Australia and Europe because I have a few titles I really like!

The goal of Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge:

Explore countries other than the one where you live. Read as much as you can of books set in a different country or by an author from a different country. Read for your own pleasure or learning, read with your kids or both. Travel the world from the comfort of your own home and learn about different cultures. Expand your horizons and show publishers that #WeNeedDiverseBooks to promote cultural understanding and diversity in our reading. Support diverse authors and books.

Australia

(unreviewed, links to Book Depository) 
I read this as a child and promptly fell in love with it. It's about a young girl who gets lost in the Australian Outback and a friendly kangaroo takes her in. This is considered an Australian classic children's book and as far as I known is little known outside of Australia! The illustrations are beautiful too. This has been made into an animated movie, which of course, I've also watched.

(unreviewed, links to Book Depository) 
Look at those illustrations! What's not to love?
+

Europe

For Europe, there is lots, lots ... lots!


For Paris in July I came up with this list of my fave Books Set in France


 I am highlighting a few favourites!



Night by Elie Wiesel (Poland - non-fiction)




You can click on the country links for all my reviews in that country:

France
Germany
Iceland / Israel / Italy
Lithuania


You can check also out my Book Map for the settings of all my reads. Check out my sidebar and look for the drop down "Travel the World in Books" which lists the country settings.

Have you read any of these? Which ones would you like to read?

Can you recommend any good reads from Australia, New Zealand or Europe? 




No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall