Book Blogger Hop

  • Saturday, October 27, 2012

Eeek, I am a day late! I was too lazy yesterday and the cold is going to get some adjusting to. Yeah, let's just blame it on the weather :)

Hosted on Knitting and Sundries at the moment as it's a roving meme. The Crazy for Books blog says:

The Book Blogger Hop is much more than just a “follow for a follow”. It’s about making friends. There are literally thousands of book bloggers around the world. It can seem like we are blogging in a bubble, constantly checking the same blogs over and over again. The Hop is about taking the time to make a quality visit to another blog, getting to know the person who is writing that blog, and seeing if you really *want* to follow that person!" Every week is a chance to visit a new blog or more, find connections, and learn about new books to read!

This week's question is: 
What are three of your favorite book blogs and/or communities? Why do you like them?

Hands down, Goodreads. I don't know why I didn't join them earlier. It's a huge community and there also specialized groups that you join. The reviews are varied, the giveaways fantastic, and it not only attracts readers but also authors and publishers. A bonus is it's free and there's no limit to the number of books you can enter. I've tried some other book and reading social networks but always end up running into some bug or limitation; I haven't had any problems with Goodreads so I've stuck with them.

There are tons of great book blogs out there that it's difficult to say "favourite" so I'm choosing two blogs where I usually end up going to for meaty reviews.

  • Shannon over at Giraffe Days whose immense personal library simply amazes me. She reads anything and everything ... and she has over 805 book reviews! Can you say WOW? I also like that she reads across cultures, has an assortment of children's books, and is just overall really friendly :)  
  • Anne at The Book Garden serves up mostly reviews of historical fiction, literary fiction and classics. Her blog is so classy looking too! Her reviews are short, sweet and personal ... and her reading fare reminds me to make conscious choices for uplifting reading. 
I'd love to see your choices too :)

3 comments

  1. Hi:

    Nice post. Giraffe Days has a great site....I just visited today.

    Going to check out Book Garden...I may have been there, though.

    My post is below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/book-blogger-hop-1026-111.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! And I just visited your favourites - with so many new great blogs popping up, I should revisit the "older" ones. I am so out of the loop!

      Delete
  2. Ooh I heart Goodreads too :-) I use it primarily to keep track of the books I read, but the community vibe is awesome too. And Giraffe Days is one of my fave blogs too - I'll have to check out the other one you mentioned.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall