Friday 56 & #BookBeginnings: Beautiful Chaos

Dr. Who: Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell
Amazon.com: HardcoverPaperback | Kindle Edition
Book Depository: Paperback


It was raining up on the hill, the steady patter-patter-patter hitting the vast golfing umbrella like bullets on tin. 
- p. 3

For Friday 56:
Instead of a new webpage, the screen was instantly filled with a pulsating ball of bright white light, highlighted with lilac edges and spirals. 
- p. 56  

I have a confession to make. Before this book, I wasn't exactly a Whovian. But my goodness, the daughter IS. So when I saw that TLC Book Tours was looking for reviewers for the Dr. Who 50th Anniversary Collection, guess who suggested I join? :) I got the whole doctor numbers and TARDIS thing all sorted out (sort of.)

Well I don't regret it. I didn't start a Whovian ... but I guess I am now! I was kind of expecting this book to be a sci-fi cheesy, but it surprised the heck out of me and I really enjoyed it. Now to watch all the episodes? Maybe I'll tackle that as a summer project! Happy Friday everyone!

Check out the ongoing Dr. Who TLC Book Tour. You can even win a few of the new 50th anniversary editions that have just come out! I'm on the tour next week with the review of Beautiful Chaos!

Synopsis: A Tenth Doctor adventure, featuring the Doctor as played by David Tennant and his companion Donna. Wilfred Mott is very happy: his granddaughter, Donna, is back home, catching up with family and gossiping about her journeys, and he has just discovered a new star and had it named after him. He takes the Tenth Doctor with him to the naming ceremony. But the Doctor soon discovers something else new, and worryingly bright, in the heavens – something that is heading for Earth. It’s an ancient force from the Dark Times. And it is very, very angry…

8 comments

  1. Hope you're enjoying that one.
    I added you to the Linky, the post is live in a few hours.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the excerpts....thanks for sharing. Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to find a new series! Enjoy!

    Here's my Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/friday-focus-friday-56-and-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I haven't watched nor read Doctor Who. I need to check out what the whole buzz is about.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love Doctor Who! Glad to hear that you are becoming a Whovian. My two children are starting to like him too, but my wife is taking a lot of convincing. I've been hooked since Doctor #3, although #4 and #10 are probably my favourites. Here is my Doctor Who themed Friday meme post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been a Whovian since before it was a term. :P (Showing my age, but I grew up watching the Fifth Doctor!) I've never read any of the books, oddly enough. Like you, I've always assumed they'd be a bit cheezy. I'll have to give some a try!

    http://level1homemaker.blogspot.com/2013/06/book-beginnings-mouse-in-mountains.html

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall