2013 #FilipinoFriday 2: Kids and Books

  • Thursday, October 17, 2013


Happy Friday everyone! Last week it was about figuring out what Species of Book Reader we are. This week it's about Kids and Books!

October 18 – Kids and Books. What were your favorite books as a kid? Do you still read children’s books? If you would give a book to your younger self, what would it be?


What were your favorite books as a kid?

If you come by my blog before, you'll know that:
  • I'm a huge fan of Eric Carle (picture books for very young kids)
  • I've read tons of Enid Blyton
  • I have a thing for interactive books, like the Ology Series
  • I adore Neil Gaiman
  • I like mysteries
Looking back, as a child, I think I was a pretty eclectic reader already:
  • Really enjoyed Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • Read tons of Enid Blyton (did I say that already?)
  • Really, really wanted more pop-up books but ended up looking in bookstores
  • Did not have anyone like Neil Gaiman to read (yes, I'm old)
  • Read Nancy Drew compulsively (yes, I got hooked on mysteries early)
So favourites-wise, please don't ask :) 

Do you still read children’s books? 
Of course! And I even review them here on my blog!

If you would give a book to your younger self, what would it be?
Hmmm, who comes up with these hard questions? I couldn't give just one book; I'd give them the keys to the library!

Don't forget! Check out the Filipino Friday meme questions and join in! You can connect with other Filipino Book Bloggers. If you're not Filipino, no matter, you can join in too. You can be an honorary Filipino :)

If you're based in the Philippines, be sure to pop in at Ateneo de Manila University on November 9 and hobnob with fellow bibliophiles in this years's Filipino Reader Conference.

3 comments

  1. If I read Neil Gaiman when I was younger, I don't know if I'd grow up brilliant or damaged haha. Still, I love that he was also a fan of Enid Blyton as you & I see to be. :D I always thought that children's books have a certain magic to them that other books don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! another nancy drew reader!! though i forgot to put it on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not familiar with Blyton or Ology series ..I'll have to keep an eye out for them. --I agree with your statement about children's books having a certain magic to them ..makes sense to fill the wonderment in a child in all of us.

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall