Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon time!


I have always been ambivalent about joining Read-a-Thons. I still am. :) Pressure makes me crack. But  with my blog now in full swing, I just say, la-di-da, why not join in? So I'm happy to make Dewey's reacquaintance in this much-loved event. I will try and be a little social and poke around some, but I am sort of bad with commenting and more lurking usually happens.

I'm unlikely to read the full 24 hours, but let's see how much I get read. 

Here's my 2-book pick which I know probably won't finish, but whatever! 


  • The Round House by Louise Erdrich. I featured this for my Friday 56 & Book Beginnings post and so far it's been emotional reading, but the writing isn't heavy, it's the subject matter. 
  • Almost True Confessions by Jane O'Conner. Some chick lit to balance off the heavier fare.
Check out Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon for more!

No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall