#TopTenTuesdays: Hyped & Unread


It's been awhile since I done a Top Ten Tuesday post. The question is pretty interesting so I thought I'd partake.

I've purposely left out classics on my TBR because I think those are books I should eventually get around to reading. Here's my list in the most random order ever:

July 7: Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand - I never got this as required reading so sometimes I wonder if I missed out on something life changing?

The Godfather by Mario Puzo - having loved and watched the movies, I know the hype is warranted.

Sandman by Neil Gaiman - I'm such a huge Gaiman fan but something keeps holding me back from reading his wildly popular graphic novel series.

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - I read the second book of the series, why not the first?

Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder - funnily, I've read quite a few of Gaarder's book but never this one!

Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri - on the TBR for too long. Everyone I know who has read it recommends it.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - this YA offering is an iffy proposition for me. So many people declare I should read it. I've never even watched the movie.

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan - I kept seeing this in the blogsophere for ages. Raves raves raves. Should I?

Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond (non-fiction) - I've got a few friends who say I should read this because I'm into non-fiction.

Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography by Walter Isaacson (non-fiction) - Steve Jobs. Nuff said.

Have you read any of these? Which one/s do you think I should definitely read? Which ones do you think don't deserve the hype and are better left lower on the TBR list or just left unread?



More Top Ten Tuesday:
Ten (12!) Books About Immigrants
Ten Authors I Adore
Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Check in With
Ten Books I Recently Added to my TBR
Top Ten Books that Blew My Mind in 2014


No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall