It's #NonfictionNovember! My year in #NonFiction ... #NonficNov


I am soooo am late for Nonfiction November this year! My second year in, too. (I have a #TTWIBRAT hangover :) ) But hey, it's still November!

Nonfiction November is hosted by Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness, Becca at I’m Lost in Books, Leslie at Regular Ruminations, and Katie at Doing Dewey.  There is a LOT going on, so you need to check the glorious schedule!

Questions, questions! Week 1: (Nov. 2 to 6) – (Kim) Your Year in Nonfiction: Take a look back at your year of nonfiction and reflect on the following questions:

What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year? 

I have read only three nonfiction books this year. (Four, if we count a reread of Persepolis. But then I've scaled back so much, it's not a surprise.) I loved the three that I've read:

There has been so much hype about this book that I was tempted not to read it. But Kondo's quasi pyschological look into clutter with her no nonsense approach to decluttering actually made sense to me!

The sequel to the hide-and-seek photography book, adorable collie Momo makes me smile! If you haven't yet made his acquaintance, please do!

I'm not much of a classics reader, granted, but I found this compilation of covers of books by Jane Austen spanning over 100 years engrossing. It made me want to read more Austen, which can only be a good thing.

What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? 

Hmmm ... I wasn't quite sure so I checked my posts. And it's this book about Rats by Robert Sullivan. I found the rat lore fascinating. 

What is one topic or type of nonfiction you haven’t read enough of yet? 

Probably more history. You can check out all the nonfiction I've read so far here. Foodie reading kick (still am); some business, economics and science; a bunch of memoirs and biographies, a little self-help and other miscellaneous stuff. 

What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November? 

This event always bloats my TBR so I always look for recommendations. I also want to read and review this foodie memoir (with recipes!) that I recently accepted for review. Just looking at the cover makes my mouth water!


I guess I have a bit of catching up to do :) Happy nonfiction reading peeps :)

No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall