#TopTenTuesdays: Ten (12!) Books about Immigrants


And so Top Ten Tuesday rolls around once again! The theme is:

April 28: Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who _____ (are musically inclined, have lost someone, have depression, who grow up poor, etc.)

This week, I decided to highlight books that feature immigrant stories. I've intentionally been trying to get more of this into my TBR because one, I can relate on some level because I myself am an immigrant, and two, I think it's a fascinating process to uproot then acculturate. It's not without its struggles and challenges and it is always inspiring to hear how people eventually . These stories are a peek into some historic immigrant movements, from past to present.

I've linked up to my reviews, so I hope you click if a title catches your eye. In no particular order:











Tiger Babies Strike Back by Kim Wong Keltner (non- fiction - bonus, because I wanted to get another non-fiction title in here)

Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka (a bonus, because it's unreviewed!) 




Have you read any of these? Which one/s catch your eye?

If you have any recommendations for books featuring immigrant stories, I'd love to hear about it!



More Top Ten Tuesday:
Ten Authors I Adore
Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Check in With
Ten Books I Recently Added to my TBR
Top Ten Books that Blew My Mind in 2014


No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall