5 Fave “New to Me” Author Discoveries for 2015 #AMonthofFaves




Now this is really late ... in fact it's embarrassingly late. But check out the topic:

Thu. | Dec. 10 – 5 Fave “New to Me” Author Discoveries This Year #AMonthofFaves

A Month of Faves is an awesome event is hosted by GirlXOXO, Traveling with T and Estella's Revenge. Check out the full sked here.

Every year, I discover amazing authors because of specific books. I've definitely got more than five new discoveries this year but I've decided to highlight the following because I want to read more of their work.

Jojo Moyes

I've heard of Jojo Moyes many, many times but never really got around to reading any of her work. I was able to get a copy of her One Plus One and I promptly fell in love because it was sweet, feel-good, and just fun. I've got my eye on her other books now!

Hanya Yanagihara

You've heard me -- and everyone else in the book blogging community -- go on and on about Yanagihara's A Little Life, right? Well, the hype is well deserved! If you're ready for a brutal and affecting read, this may be the book you're waiting for.

Jonathan Lethem

I love short stories so when Lethem's Lucky Alan and Other Stories crossed my path, I was happy to make his acquaintance. Lethem's stories are very creative and rather oddball with a certain wry humour and weirdness that grew on me.

Susan Barker

The Incarnations was one of those surprising books that I wasn't expecting to like. It is a masterful story build around the theme of reincarnation, highlighting the fascinating people and the brutal history of China.

Muriel Barbery

With The Elegance of a Hedgehog, a translated work from the French, I got a story that will stay with me because of its simple yet profound messages: to never judge a book by its cover, to take time to appreciate the beauty around us and the people who touch our lives.

Tell me if you've read and enjoyed any of these authors' other books and I'll likely pile it on my heaving TBR!

No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall